Sunday, December 2, 2012

Heart's-ease



I'm the little "Heart's Ease"!
I don't care for pouting skies!
If the Butterfly delay
Can I, therefore, stay away?

If the Coward Bumble Bee
In his chimney corner stay,
I, must resoluter be!
Who'll apologize for me?

Dear, Old fashioned, little flower!
Eden is old fashioned, too!
Birds are antiquated fellows!
Heaven does not change her blue.
Nor will I, the little Heart's Ease --
Ever be induced to do!


   A sense of relief rushed over me the minute after I handed in my senior thesis paper. 
Since Emily Dickinson didn't write any amazing poems about relief or satisfaction but
 instead death and sorrow, I had to be very picky when choosing a poem that depicted my emotions. 
This poem, "Heart's-ease", definitely fits my mood because my heart now doesn't beat as 
fast because I am no longer anxious. For being a sad person, Emily Dickinson includes 
many exclamation points in the poem, showing happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment